“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Tuesday, June 26, 2012

Family Ties

I just got back from an AMAZING weekend with his family and I didn't want to come home! I finally have move in dates and school start dates so now I know when I am moving and what I am doing finally, which is super nice. :) I even went around and collected some applications. :) I'm super excited for college to start. It seems like it is just going to be a lot of fun! :)

I spent a lot of time with his mom, which is normal for when I go there. We sit and talk for hours because there isn't much to do in the middle of nowhere with no internet or television. :) I really enjoy talking to her and I feel like sometimes it's therapeutic for her. She isn't alone all the time when I visit and I know it's super nice to have someone else around when you're just used to being alone. :)

I went and finally saw a show at Tuacahn! I saw "Hairspray" (which I had never seen all the way through before) and I loved it. :) Mark's aunt had an extra ticket so I went with her and some of her friends and kids. :) Good bonding time eh? :) But I really did enjoy myself and I want to go see Aladdin there SO bad! That would be SO cool! :D

I went and visited his other aunt and her family. :) She has 10 kids and is just amazing. :) I love her so much and she is so nurturing! :) I went and taught her how to make pie crust, which was really fun. The kids are finally starting to get used to me being around and come around to me. :) One of the smallest ones is actually talking to me! I really love that so much and I feel like I just fit right in. :)

Last night when I went to be I knew I wouldn't be awake when Mom was awake and going into town for work so I decided to leave her a note telling her what my plans were in the morning and to let her know how much I love and appreciate her. I thanked her for everything she does and that she raised a really good son, who loves her and appreciates her more then I do. :) When I woke up, Mom left me a couple notes that just made my day. :) One of them said "Thanks for loving my boy and I pray your hearts will remain the same -- I know you mean the world to Mark. He wouldn't be in such a great place in his life without your love and support. If it was for mother's to choose, I'd pick YOU!!!" :) Ahhh that just made me so happy! :D

Mark's family just makes me feel so welcome and I love them so much. :) It just feels right, like I am supposed to be there. I already consider them my family lol. :)

2 comments:

  1. You're more than a fifth of the way there! Hooray! I'm a new follower :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay! Welcome! :) I love new followers! :D

    ReplyDelete