“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Sunday, April 29, 2012

Family Support

I had THE most awesome experience a couple weeks ago with my mom. :) And I wanted to share it with this blog. :) It was around 1:00 a.m. when I finally got home from working at Sonic and my mom was still up, she couldn't sleep. So I sat in her room and really talked to her about my life. I haven't done that in FOREVER! I was just talking to her about how I love Mark and how we are planning on getting married and stuff. She had just found out that day or week that that was the plan. She definitely didn't react the way I thought she would at all! Which is awesome! But anyway, I was telling her how Mark is scared that I won't wait for him. She promptly says, "Well if you don't wait for him you better have a good reason and call me and talk to me about it first." I WAS IN TOTAL SHOCK! :D

Before Mark left she let him know that she will help me wait for him, that she will support me and everything. :) I am SO glad that she supports me this time. :) The first time around she would hug me and support me, but I knew she didn't want me to end up with him, but this time she really doesn't mind me waiting at all. :) She's being really supportive and it is such a big difference it is unreal. When you have your families support in your decision to wait, nobody can fill that gap. It's like you aren't alone and you have other people watching your back. :)

I have been really planning Mark and my wedding, getting pictures of ideas I have and such even though our wedding isn't for another couple of years and I am getting really excited. :) When I showed my mom these she didn't say anything against it at all and that made me really happy. :)

I had been praying really hard for some confirmation as to whether Mark is the right guy for me to marry or not. I hadn't gotten that really strong confirmation and I definitely got that confirmation that night I talked to my mom. It's wonderful how the Lord answers our prayers. :) I am happy and excited for the time he comes home. :)

2 comments:

  1. Everyone is different, but for me, I didn't get this "big confirmation." Mine has been the little confirmations day after day :) Keep going! You are doing great and I love reading your journey because I can relate so well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad you can relate! :) I definitely get little confirmations everyday also. Just reminders of why I still love him. :) Thanks for your support though! It means a lot! :)

      Delete