“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Thursday, April 5, 2012

Desireable Qualities

AH! I haven't posted in quite a while! Not too much has happened. Just trying to not let life sweep my off my feet!

Mark is still super sweet and just doing the best he can on his mission. :) I'm so proud of him and I love him so much. He has been having a hard time in Georgia, but he and I both heard a lot that Georgia would be a tough mission. I think it's really good for him though. He was having a bad day and telling me about it, but when I got a letter from him that week he said he was sorry for telling me everything bad that was going on and probably freaking me out and that he prayed for a very very long time (Like half an hour) and God helped him feel a lot better about everything and just comfort him. :) OH MY GOSH am I SO glad that God's got my back in this. :) I love that he is changing into a stronger person. I love this so much! He is reminding ME to pray and read scriptures. :) I had never really been in a relationship before where my boyfriend was so adamant about me reading and praying and such, but I love this. :) I no longer feel like I am the only one trying to keep up with the gospel portion of the relationship. (NOT that he never kept up with the gospel portion. :) He would sometimes just break out the scriptures and we would read together. :) ) :) This is DEFINITELY an attractive feature though!

SO I don't know how many of you really read my posts on here, but if you do I want to encourage you and to challenge you to do something that has helped me throughout the years. When I was 12 in Young Women's we made a list about qualities we want in a future husband. :) NOW I must admit I have some qualities that DON'T matter like good looks and such, but I do have a lot of important qualities, one of which are serving a mission. :) BUT I have found this to really help. I don't mean to be shallow and expect every guy to meet EVERY expectation, but just have the MOST important qualities like a worthy priesthood holder and stuff like that. When I look back at the most important of these qualities I see that Mark has them. :) And he even has the ones that really don't matter like good looks. :) But that's my advice and story for today!

If any of you need advice or help with anything let me know! :D I'm all for helping anyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment