“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Tuesday, May 6, 2014

Wedding Week is Finally Here

WE GET MARRIED ON FRIDAY!

Holy moly I can't believe that this week is finally here. It's like a dream! Bridal showers, bachelor party, school finals and moving out. Can't say this month has been easy but good golly it's gonna be worth it! (Just like the entire two years... :) )

I have to say that now that I am with him all the time it's weird to not be around him or at least talk to him for a long period of time. I am wondering anymore how I was able to let him go for so long, but I am so glad I did and SO glad that's the last time I have to do that for that long!

Wedding plans, oh my gosh! It's fun yet stressful! If anyone out there reading this is planning a wedding you know what I mean! There's so many more details that I didn't think about. We all think about the cake, dress, centerpieces, decorations. Then you have to also count in ring sizing, dress dry cleaning, printing out pictures... it's crazy! Don't forget about those things! They can be hecka expensive!

Our relationship has gotten SO much better! I am much more used to having him around, which makes life easier for the both of us. ;) We have learned to communicate better and how to not make each other mad every other day. It's nice to get along so well and finally feel adjusted to being with each other. It took us a few months, but we finally got the hang of this!

The only thing I really want to emphasize on for those reading this is so much emphasis is given to receptions for the wedding, the details, the dress, the pictures, but one thing that should be emphasized most is why you are getting married. You aren't getting married just for other people or to have a big party. One thing I've learned is you don't get married for yourself. Meaning you get married because you like seeing the other person happy and you want to make that person happy for the rest of eternity. You want to share your life with them. You get married to be sealed to them for eternity, make and keep covenants with our Heavenly Father, and be able to start a family. I had heard before that "I don't need a piece of paper to tell me I'm married or make me committed." I thought about this for such a long time and agreed, it's a commitment you make inside before you put it on paper, therefore why do we need to get married and have it be legal and documented? In a talk from Elder Holland 'Of Souls, Sacraments, and Symbols' he talks about how legally putting down that you are married on paper and in writing makes it THAT much more of a commitment. That you are declaring and making the sealing more final than ever. Leaving evidence and giving yourself wholly to that one person. In this talk he then talks about sex after marriage. I know, if you're still waiting for your missionary this isn't something you really think about, some girls quiver at the word. But this talk will change your perspective of this aspect of marriage. It changed mine and I will never look at it the same. PLEASE listen to this talk if you haven't already. It's worth the whole what? 45 minutes.

Marriage is about making someone else happy, the covenants you make with Heavenly Father and the starting of a family.

... with that said, here goes nothing! :D ;)





No comments:

Post a Comment