“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

10 Months AND 2 Year 4 Month Anniversary! BEST EVER!

WOW! Today calls for a big post!

First of all on the 11th we hit 10 months! :) And today, the 14th it is our 2 year and 4 month anniversary! :) I can't even believe it haha.

One of the pictures she added. He's learning how to cook! :D
Can anyone say cooking me breakfast when he's home?! ;)
Today definitely was one of the BEST days I've had in a long long LONG time! I was sitting in Calculus class and I looked at my phone (FINALLY-- I hadn't looked at it for a while because nobody texts me haha) and I had a voice mail from an unknown 706 number. I didn't know where it was from but the message was a good 46 seconds so someone didn't just call me for no reason. I got BIG butterflies. I run out of class and listen to the message and it's pretty much almost exactly what I thought it was-- a lady in Mark's area. :) The voice mail was all fuzzy so I just heard a little bit about this was Sister so and so and then Elder Gardner, so as any normal girlfriend would I FREAKED out! I hurried and called the number back a couple times and the second time someone answered and handed the phone to her. She was so nice! (She thought I was someone calling about girls camp haha) but after she knew who I was she was really really nice still! :) She talked to me and told me that Mark spends a lot of time at her house because they are teaching her husband's niece and that she's the one posting pictures of Mark on Facebook. She told me some funny things he had said about those pictures and it just made me laugh so hard! My roommate came into the room and saw me laughing really hard and tearing up at the entire conversation and she was all "It was so cute!" But I just wasn't expecting it! We talked for a good little while, I don't know maybe 15 minutes and she asked if she could tell him anything for me. Of course I just told her to tell him I love him. :) But it just made my day! She called me to just tell me he is getting transferred so I shouldn't send any packages to him for a while until he does get transferred, but I am just so glad I got to talk to her. :) The things she told me that Mark says just made me so happy! I think I just thought I wasn't that big of a part in his life anymore like I was, like I was just in the background and I didn't matter, you know being his support with all his focus on his mission (like it should be, don't get me wrong), but geez it was nice to hear that he talks about me or says funny comments about me still. :) That just made my entire day. :)
Getting Cupcakes-- 25th and Main Yummy!

I think that phone call, even though it wasn't meant to be one, was the best anniversary gift I have gotten since he's been gone. :) I loved it!

Surprise visit home! :)
So ten months aye? I seriously don't even remember what all has gone on. I swore to myself that I'd write it all down, but hey ya get busy ya know?! :)

School has gotten so crazy! I can't believe the first semester is almost over! I know the holidays are going to be hard, I am still adjusting to not having my dad around anymore, but I am still excited for them. :) After the holidays it is Mark's one year! :D That's the light at the end of the tunnel! :D

It has been hard. Holy moly it has been hard. You have to be able to keep the security in your relationship while still knowing you're in love with the person even though they aren't around, which is hard! Especially because you're not around each other at all anymore. It's a lot of work and is not easy by any means but I just know that it will be worth it. :)
Late night at the spinny park. :) 

I look at pictures of him now and just feel like I don't really know him as well. I KNOW him, but I can tell he is changing on the inside. :) His physical appearance is still as ATTRACTIVE as ever ;) But he has a different glow about him, a different presence about him -- kind of intimidating not going to lie-- but definitely a wonderful thing. :) It keeps making me want to be better, so how could it NOT be a good thing?

I think my words of advice this month is even when adversity strikes keep on sticking it out. It would be SO easy to quit, to stop waiting and date someone else, to just end everything and find someone else, but I know I'd be wondering what if. I don't want to do that to myself! In the beginning I don't think we can truly prepare ourselves for the hardships, the worry, the wondering, the hoping, but if you can get passed it all and really stick it out then I know we can make it through the two years and on to an eternal marriage. :)

Slumber party!
Today definitely confirmed to me that I still love Mark even though he isn't here anymore. When I think about seeing him or hearing from him I still get excited, I still cry or just get all butterfliey... haha new word? That definitely is a wonderful reminder that I still care for him immensely and want to keep on waiting for the next 14 months! :)

Woot woot! Here we go!!!!!!! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment