“I’ve learned that waiting is the most difficult bit, and I want to get used to the feeling, knowing that you’re with me, even when you’re not by my side.”
Paulo Coelho, Eleven Minutes

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Month 7 Update! :D

Welp as of YESTERDAY Mark has been gone for 7 months! :D

I am starting to get used to this whole thing. I love Mark and I definitely am still waiting for him but I am finally getting used to not being able to talk to him all the time. At the beginning of his mission I'd get at least a letter and an email every week, but these past couple weeks I've gotten my emails but not my letters. I don't want to be one to complain, his letters are the one thing I look forward to the most during the week, but I know he is busy. I don't want him to think that just because he can't write me I'm going to stop waiting. That's silly. I love him and I want him to do the BEST he can in these two years and if he can't write me because he is doing what he's supposed to be doing these two years then I am happy and proud of him. :) A lot of girls think it's like the end of the world, but I gave Mark up for two years and if that means I am not going to hear from him every week through a letter then I guess that's what is going to happen. :) My Heavenly Father knows what he is doing and He will do what's best for me in the end. :)

I am about to move off to college! It's actually this week that I leave and I am so nervous and excited and scared. Change is good but scary! :) I've never moved away before but I definitely feel like I am ready for it. :) Getting ready for it all has been so crazy! Buying books (which I have done before and got for super cheap! :) ), utilities, packing, cleaning, shopping. Gah it's been crazy! I think the fact that I am moving so soon has helped the stress with not getting letters from Mark. :) I'm honestly so preoccupied it's ridiculous, but I still am faithfully waiting. :) I don't have my eye on any other guys, I am just happy and content with life; looking forward to what opportunities and experiences I will have in college. :) There isn't too much else I can think of that's different then last month. I am still waiting and I feel like I've finally made a dent in the whole 24 months. :)

I've met some really awesome people, one girl from YouTube who is adorable! Her missionary is ACTUALLY in the same area as Mark, which I thought was totally crazy! But I'd have to say she and I are pretty good friends. :) She's such a sweetheart and I love that I'm meeting so many people that I wouldn't have met without beginning this journey.

All in all this last month has actually gone pretty fast. When I started this journey I was just like "I WISH I could just be six months through already!" And now that I'm six months through I'm like can it be a year now or maybe two. Haha. So I feel accomplished that I've gotten THIS far, but I just see how long this thing really is. It's short in the eternal scheme of things but right now in the current time it seems like it takes longer then just a blink of an eye. :)

Mark has been doing really well on his mission I feel. He has gotten transferred into a different area and I think a definitely more challenging area for him. But nothing too terrible that he's told me of has happened. :) He is still going and learning, which is what makes me proud of him. :) I am just so glad that it seems to be turning out so well for him and I. We are growing together in the gospel, strengthening and growing our testimonies. :) Gosh I love this kid! :)

Here is to the next 17 months! :D

No comments:

Post a Comment